The Ethics of Online Safety and Security: Workshop 1. Online Behaviour

 

Thursday 13 Oct 15:45 (BST)

Register

Details of the session

As part of this free online session, we have invited Maria Bell, Managing Director of Mesomorphic to offer an overview of the first theme of our new series of “Maddie is Online: ethics of online safety and security" on 'Online Behaviours'.

The concepts that will be explored include:

  • Online behaviours that carry risk of harm to ourselves/others.
  • Private vs. public ideas of personal data on social media.

Learning objectives of theme 1 of the series:

  • I can understand how online behaviours may result in risk of harm to myself or others.
  • I know how to keep personal information private, and that personal or private data of others should not be shared on social media.
  • I can give examples of what anyone may or may not be willing to share about. themselves online.
  • I can explain the need to be careful before sharing anything personal.
  • I can explain and give examples of the difference between online bullying and teasing online.
  • I can explain and give examples of how sharing online personal information can affect school, family, social life and/or future opportunities.
  • I can identify choices and demonstrate strategies to keep my apps and devices up-to-date and I back up my data.




About the work

“Maddie is Online: a creative learning path to ethics of online safety and security for young people” is a project funded by the Scottish Government and supported by Digital Xtra Fund.

Access the ‘Maddie is Online’ bookshelf with links to all the free eBooks (and early access to the new theme on the Ethics of Online safety and security) made with love for the community of librarians and educators, who are passionate about information, media and digital literacy.

Comments

Popular Posts